Hi there! I’m away again/still, but in bali now, for a relax and unwind trip with W…. Hopefully we get as much yoga done as I set out to achieve (instead of too much spa/massage!) Here’s a short picture post on the review of Singapore style ramen ($5.5-7.5) from Noodle story, a food stall located in Amoy food centre, just 10 minutes walk from Tanjong Pagar mrt. 

I had read about this online and saw other friends posting about it so I knew I just had to try one afternoon when my colleague and I decided to go to Amoy for lunch. The stall is located on the first floor, the same row as that of a chicken rice stall and soy beancurd stall, opposite to that of the famous Bak chor mee and costa rican food stall. 

image credit to rubbisheatrubbishgrow

menu and sides 

My colleague and I both had the smallest portion, which was quite a reasonable serving size- after the meal we were both quite full and satisfied. 


My colleague and I both had the smallest portion, which was quite a reasonable serving size- after the meal we were both quite full and satisfied. With the dry noodles came a bowl of soup, half of a soft-boiled egg (ramen style), juicy cha siu, 2 wantons and a fried potato wrapped prawn with fried scallions and chilli. Everything that came with the noodles, especially the cha siu, was delicious! 

We were slightly disappointed however that the noodles were more similar to Ba chor mee noodles than real Japanese ramen as we were expecting the latter. 


Overall we found the meal very satisfying, though with plenty of meal options below $5, we might not consider re-ordering this any time soon.