1st November 
Standing Bow Pose (Dandayamana-Dhanurasana)
Standing Bow moves all the blood from one side of the body to the other, then back again.
It develops balance, increases the size and elasticity of the rib cage, firms the abdominal wall and upper thighs. It improves the flexibility and strength of the lower spine.
Standing Bow builds patience, determination and concentration.
text credit to Bikramyoga.com


This is one of the first poses that I was really excited to pick up. Thanks to my background in dance, I found it relatively easy to get my foot above my head. 
However the balancing and charging forward, while still kicking up bit is really, really tough! I remember during one practice at hom yoga, our instructor, Daphne made us do this practice with straps instead of using our arms- the objective was to make sure our legs were going up correctly and our posture was right. I found that practice so challenging- I couldn’t event get my foot above my neck area! Recently I’ve found that if you square your shoulders and roll your arms back it makes it easier for the leg to kick up higher. 
This is still a work-in-progress for me but I guess I can say I’m pretty happy with where I’ve got to right now.