2nd November
Extended Side Angle Pose(Utthita Parsvakonasana)

Extended Side Angle Pose or Utthita Parsvakonasana is a pose that helps to stretch parts of the body that do not usually get stretched. The name of Extended Side Angle Pose yoga translates into extended, flank and angle. This pose is also considered one of the beginner poses where you slowly help your body get accustomed to stretching and contorting which is yoga.
(intro credit to Yogawhiz)


This is easily one of my favourite poses. I used to have a wrong understanding of this pose and would collapse my entire body weight on my bent leg, lifting just my arm up. Lately I’ve been really happy with how I feel in this pose, my chest and heart open, and how strong I feel in my entire body, not just my bent leg. 
This pose gives a really nice stretch all over the body on areas/muscles you don’t usually use!